Games are probably already of the Humble Bundle, but for those who aren’t here’s a quick rundown: a group of items are offered for a limited time under a pay what you want system. Some people pay as little as $1, others pay $100 – and others even more. You can choose to split the money between the developers and the charity of choice (with a tip to pay for the site’s hosting costs etc.) or give everything to one of the two.
Originally the Humble Bundle was just for indie computer games, but they have since expanded to mobile games, bigger company games, music and even ebooks/audiobooks. Right now they have launched the third ebook bundle – and as of this writing, they have sold nearly 5000 bundles already.
You can pay whatever you want for:
- Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black
- Jumper by Steven Gould
- The Happiest Days of Our Lives by Wil Wheaton
- Zombies Versus Unicorns edited by Holly Black & Justine Larbalestier.
But, if you pay more than the average ($10.23US at this time) you will also get:
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- Mogworld by Yahtzee Croshaw
- Plus more books that they add as the Bundle goes on!
And as an added bonus, spend $15US to also unlock the audiobook of Homeland by Cory Doctorow, narrated by Wil Wheaton!
So go on, book addicts. At least this time you have the excuse of “it’s for charity!”